SUMMER SPORT CLINICS
April 23 to May 17, 2018
This summer, the Athletics and Sports Development Office will be hosting basketball, swimming, taekwondo, football, and athletics clinics that are open to everyone. Below are the clinics’ schedules:
Basketball will be handled by Coach Roel Rance, swimming will be handled by Coach Richard Odchigue, taekwondo will be handled by Coach Noel Almaida, football will be handled by Coach Noel Marquez, and athletics will be handled by Coach Myra Saludo.
For more information, kindly call (+632) 330-9129 loc. 132 and look for Mr. John Saladas.
40th CATHOLIC MASS MEDIA AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES
Until May 11, 2018
All students are encouraged to submit entries in the Student CMMA category of the upcoming 40th Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA). Students who wish to join may get a copy of the registration form from the Lasallian Mission and Formation Office. Submission of entries will only be until May 11.
Students may submit media works in the following categories: advertising, music, and radio. An entry fee of P 3 000 is required for advertising and music entries, whereas an entry fee of P2 000 is required for radio entries.
CMMA will be judging the submitted media works on the following criteria:
Love for God
- - Media works show honor and respect to Almighty God and His law and order.
- - Media works provide spiritual and wholistic enrichments which are integral to the devel opment of the human person.
Love for Truth
- - Media works reflect the highest standards of truthfulness and objectivity with sensitivity to human rights.
- - Media works expose abuse of trust and corruption of public officials as well as instances of competence, public-spiritedness and devotion to duty.
- - Media works reflect responsible freedom of expression.
Respect for the natural environment
- - Media promote availability of goods and services that contribute to the country’s economic growth.
- - Media promote integrity of creation.
- - Media works are governed by principles of solidarity, justice, equity and accountability in the use of public resources and performance of the roles of public trust.
Promotion of Positive Filipino Values
- - Media works portray a healthy nationalism.
- - Media works promote values of pagkakaisa, pagsasarili, pakikipagkapwa-tao, pagkabayani and pagiging makabuhay and promote and safeguard Filipino identity.
- - Media uphold positive Filipino values (maka-Diyos, maka-tao and maka-bayan).
Love for Family and Life
- - Media works promote the dignity of life, sanctity of the family and the dignity of the human person.
- - Media works have a healthy outlook on sexuality, marriage and concern for children.
- - Media works give voice to the voiceless, promote common good and provide access and participation to people, especially the poor.
Student CMMA has been given out since 2001 in order to mold and uplift the hearts and minds of the youth who will eventually take an active role in the field of social communications.
Until June 6, 2018
The Year 2018 is a preparatory year for the celebration of the 2019: Year of Lasallian Vocations and Tercentennial Anniversary of St. La Salle’s death. In line with this, the Lasallian Mission and Formation Office has organized the Visita Patron—an opportunity for the image of St. La Salle, our Patron Saint, will visit the different offices/classrooms of the university. For the para-liturgical celebrations, the LMFO reminds the assigned offices/classrooms to:
1. Prepare a small table with clean tablecloth (preferably white or green) and vigil candle.
2. Prudently allot some prayer time at 12:00 NN from Monday - Friday and observe the para-liturgies attached.
3. Take good care of the statue of St. La Salle and the Cross.
NOTE: The schedule for June to August will be released before in May 2018.
May this activity prepare our hearts, that we may have One Heart, One Commitment, and One Life in serving the Lord.
SCHEDULE OF EUCHARISTIC CELEBRATIONS FOR APRIL AND MAY 2018
Until May 15, 2018
Please be advised that the schedule of Eucharistic Celebrations for April and May 2018 are as follows:
For those who would like to receive blessings, the Sacrament of Reconciliation or the Sick, please feel free to visit the Lasallian Mission and Formation Office for the scheduling of appointments.
LAST DAY OF SUBMISSION OF REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF GRADES FOR TERM 2, SY 2017 - 2018
Until April 24, 2018
Please be informed that the last day of submission of requests for change of grades for Term 2, SY 2017-2018 is on April 24 (Tuesday).
The date also coincides with the last day of submission of final grade for Term 3, SY 2017-2018.
For questions and other concerns related to this information, kindly call thr Office of the University
Registrar at 330-9129 loc. 130.
BED AND TED FACULTY VACATION
Until May 14 and May 22, 2018
Basic and Tertiary Education Department faculty are set to start their month-long vacations on April 16 and 19, respectively. All faculty members are reminded submit all of their documentary accountabilities to their respective academic heads before the start of the vacation period.
BED faculty members are expected to be back on May 14, whereas TED faculty are expected to start reporting on May 22.
Please be guided accordingly
DLSAU SUMMER FOOTBALL CLINIC 2018
April 24, 2018 onwards
This summer, the Institutional Athletics and Sports Development Office will be offering a football clinic starting April 24. The clinic, which costs P3 000, covers ten sessions and a tournament. It will be handled by Mr. Noel T. Marquez.
For more information, please call 330-9128 loc. 132 and look for Mr. John B. Saladas or Ms. Melinda Bernardo. Interested individuals may call Coach Noel T. Marquez at +63 932 128 2077.
RESERVATIONS FOR STUDY CENTERS 1 & 2
The DLSAU Study Centers 1 & 2 (BRF Dorm and New Dorm) are now accepting reservations for Term 1, SY 2018-2019. For application forms, please proceed to the Administrative Services Office and look for Ms. Ruth Centeno. Please be reminded that the reservation fee of P 1 000 is non-refundable. Reservation inquiries are welcome from Mondays to Saturdays. For more information, please call 330 9129 loc. 143.
CALL FOR LASALLIAN VOLUNTEERS
De La Salle Philippines—through its Lasallian Volunteers Program—is looking for new volunteers who will be deployed in its mission areas in Kaakibat (Bagac), Kaupod (Samar), and Alayon (Iligan) this year. Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A Lasallian graduate
- Not more than 35 years old
- Single; and
- Willing to commit one year for the program
Interested individuals are advised to proceed to the Lasallian Mission and Formation Office on or before April 11 (Wednesday) and look for Mr. Andyo Abusmas.