4th EDUCATION RESEARCH CONGRESSTheme: Strengthening the 4Cs of the 21st Century Skills.
November 23, 2019
As we continue to converse on how to better facilitate learning in the 21st century learning environment, we are constantly challenged to find new ways to develop and enhance the skills of our learners as they face real life situations. It is with this in mind that we invite educators, learners and researchers to the 4th De La Salle Araneta University Education Research Congress on November 23, 2019 (Saturday) from 9:00am to 5:00pm at The Forum, DLSAU. The theme for this year is “Strengthening the 4Cs of the 21st Century Skills.” The Congress aims:
1. to provide an opportunity for learners and faculty to present their research output in the field of education especially on 21st century teaching and learning.
2. to have a dialogue among education stakeholders about their experiences on efforts to strengthen the 4Cs (Critical thinking, Creativity, Collaboration and Communication) of the 21st Century Skills among learners and teachers alike
3. to offer viable and concrete recommendations on how to strengthen the 4Cs among our teachers and learners.
Research Areas for Paper PresentationsA. Learning skills (The four C’s)
Critical thinking, Creativity, Collaboration and Communication
B. Literacy skills (IMT)
Information literacy, Media literacy and Technology literacy
C. Life skills (FLIPS)
Flexibility, Leadership, Initiative, Productivity and Social skills
D. Digital literacy and technology
Innovations in Teaching & Learning
Educational technology and Blended Learning
Accepted full papers may be considered for publication in our International refereed journal, SULO and INDAGATIO
ProgramPlenary at the PERFORMING ARTS HALL
Dr. Maricar Prudente
Division 1 (Governmental, Educational and International Policies) NRCP
“NRCP: At the forefront of implementing the research agenda of the Philippines”
Dr. Aldrin Darilag
Commission on Higher Education
Republic of the Philippines
“Current State of Philippine HEIs in Strengthening the 4C Skills of 21st Century Learners”
Mr. Julian L. Yballe
Senior Regional Director
“Use of Technology in the 21st Century Classroom”
Dr. Jasper Vincent Q. Alontaga
The Academic Support for Instructional Services and Technology (ASIST)
De La Salle University Manila
Important DatesAbstract submission deadline November 15, 2019 (Friday)
Full paper and PPT submission Nov 20, 2017 (Wednesday)
Registration deadline Nov 22, 2017 (Friday)
Paper Submission Guidelines1. Abstract page should include i) title of the article (not more than 12 characters); ii) full names, institutional addresses and email addresses for all authors. Affix an asterisk following the corresponding author’s name; iii) three to six keywords should also be included, representing the main content of the article; iv) a single paragraph abstract (between 150-250 words) that summarizes the content of the paper. It should contain no bibliographic citations unless these are fully specified.
2. Manuscripts are typed with justified alignment on a letter paper size with normal margins on all sides. Use Cambria Font: paper title: 20 pt, author’s name: 14 pt, affiliations and addresses: 12 pt, abstract: 10 pt, body text: 12 pt, section headings: 14pt, subheadings: 12-pt. Paragraphs separated by one blank line, no indention.
3. Tables and figures must be properly captioned and numbered, and positioned at the center of the page. For tables, the caption should appear immediately above the table. For figures, the caption should appear at the foot of the figure. Caption font: 10 pt.
4. References should follow the APA citation style 6th Edition
5. Acknowledgements should be placed under a separate heading before References.
6. Email abstract, full paper (in Word and PDF files) and PPT of your presentation to the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further inquiries, you may contact Ms Cres Dunay at (02)8330-9128-33 loc 136.
Registration GuidelinesRegister using the link https://forms.gle/9gPvqXoYA6315T1n6
The congress fees are PhP 1,000.00 (for Professionals) and PhP 750.00 (for students)
You may pay through the DLSAU bank account Kindly email to the secretariat a scanned copy of your deposit slip and bring the original on the day of the Congress for the official receipt.:
Asia United Bank
Account Name: De La Salle Araneta University
Account No: C/A # 047-01-890008-2
Account Name:De La Salle Araneta University
Account No: C/A # 088-7-088515630