The University Research Center shall take the lead in promoting and engaging in groundbreaking and cutting-edge research in the fields of veterinary and agricultural sciences, environmental studies, education, social sciences, business, technology and integrated systems, and humanities. Through the center, De La Salle Araneta University shall strive to provide effective and efficient solutions to the multifaceted challenges of modern society.
De La Salle Araneta University shall commit itself to fostering professional excellence amongst its faculty and students through a research culture building program entitled Enhancing and Nurturing Research Innovations, Culture, and Habits or ENRICH.
The program, which involves training, publication, and extension, shall accomplish this goal through the following activities: Research Seminar Series, Research Lecture Series, and Research Congresses.
The Research Seminar Series is a lecture-based program designed to give faculty members a forum for academic exchange. With the end goal of enhancing the scholarly atmosphere in the departments through the continuing professional development of all faculty, the program invites speakers to discuss topics in areas of particular relevance to faculty development and provides a venue for selected faculty to share their insights from research-related trainings to the academic community. By serving this training function, the Research Seminar Series meets the need to foster a sense of community and collegiality among all faculty.
The Research Lecture Series is open to all university personnel whose research has been accepted for publication in local and international indexed journals, Commission of Higher Education-accredited journals, or Sulo.
Procedure for Presentation Request
2. The applicant will be notified after ten (10) business days if their paper has been accepted for presentation, together with the schedule of their presentation. General presentation guidelines will also be emailed.
Annually, De La Salle Araneta University—through its different colleges and programs—hosts research congresses that aim to provide a venue for discussion, greater interest, and exchange of ideas and perspectives among young, promising women and men from different disciplines.
Through these congresses, our students are afforded with the opportunity to meet other individuals and experts in their field, learn from them, and eventually collaborate with them.
Central to the importance that De La Salle Araneta University places on fostering a thriving and vibrant research culture is its commitment to create opportunities to further develop its faculty’s research competencies and capabilities. Through the provision of financial support and proper venue, the university seeks to inspire current and prospective faculty to publish socially-relevant and empirically-based research that resonate, not only with the academic community, but to the general public as well.
De La Salle Araneta University provides financial assistance to faculty and academic support personnel for research and material development projects that are aligned to the university’s research thrusts and priority topics.
2. Submit Research Proposal Form and Executive Research Summary to the URC. The URC will convene the Research Review Committee.
3. After 10 days, the applicant will receive an email from the URC informing him or her whether his paper has been accepted. The applicant should then submit the following forms in order to facilitate the endorsement of his paper to the Ethics Review Committee:
3.2. General Ethics Checklist
3.3. Either Checklist A (for Human Participants) or Checklist B (for Animal Subjects)
NOTE: If the paper was declined, the applicant needs to go back to Step 1 or refer to the Research Evaluation Criteria.
4. After 5 days, the applicant will receive an email from the URC informing him or her whether his paper has passed the evaluation of the Ethics Review Committee. If his or her paper has been approved, the paper will undergo technical evaluation from the Research Review Committee.
5. After 10 days, the applicant will be notified if his or her paper has been approved for funding by the University President.
6. Once approved, the applicant will sign a Research Funding Agreement.
De La Salle Araneta University provides research incentives in the form of subsidies that faculty may avail upon publication of an independent research output in a referred journal in the Journal Impact Factor list. The research output, whether basic or applied, should bear the name of De La Salle Araneta University as the sole affiliation of the proponent applying for an incentive.
2. The documents will be endorsed to the VCAR for the President’s final approval. The applicant will be notified that his submission has been approved after three (3) business days.
3. Once the paper has been approved by the President, the paper will be returned to the URC for the processing of the incentive grant.
4. Within ten (10) business days, the applicant may proceed to the Accounting Office to claim their check/s.