De La Salle Araneta University is pleased to invite students, faculty and researchers to its 3rd Research Congress with the theme: Promoting value creation, innovations and sustainability through academic research. This event will provide a platform for practitioners, policy makers, educators, and students, to share their work and experiences through the presentation and dissemination of research on topics relating to our country’s sustainable development goals.
In partnership with the National Center for Culture and Arts (NCCA), National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP), and National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), this research congress aims to promote exchange of ideas among researchers of different disciplines throughout the country, and to broaden understanding on the important role of higher education in coping with the many development challenges we face at present.
The specific objectives of the activity are as follows:
• Continuously strengthen the art and practice of research by discovering greatest creation and latest innovation in developing human wisdom.
• Improve quality of life by recognizing new frontiers in human development through the application of academic research.
• Address current issues in the country by developing trends in research and collaborating best practices on various fields of study.
• Disseminate, share and discuss research findings that weave multidisciplinary research and development education.
• Strengthen partnerships among researchers for sustained sharing of knowledge, experiences and best practices.
Research TracksThe accepted papers for presentation will be grouped into seven (7) tracks:
• Culture and indigenous studies
• Leadership and management studies
• Education and pedagogy studies
• Mental health and assessment studies
• Natural and agricultural studies
• Animal health and welfare studies
• Science and technology studies
Congress ProceedingsAll accepted abstracts will be included in the 3rd research congress book of abstracts. The full paper of the accepted abstracts may qualify for publication in Sulo: International Referred Journal on Multidisciplinary Sciences (ISSN 2094-3652).
The registration fee is PhP 500.00 inclusive of meals (AM & PM snacks and Lunch), Congress Kit, ID and Certificates.
You may pay through the following DLSAU bank accounts
Asia United Bank
Account Name: De La Salle Araneta University
Account No: C/A # 047-01-890008-2
Account Name:De La Salle Araneta University
Account No: C/A # 088-7-088515630
The Program07:00 Registration
08:00 Opening Ceremony
08:30 Keynote Address
“The Philippines’ experience in the development of policy measures in response to the sustainable development goals”
Rosemarie G. Edillon
Undersecretary, National Development Office-Policy and Planning
09:30 Plenary Address
“Research trends and challenges on the implementation of the sustainable development goals”
10:00 Plenary Discussion
“Sustainable development goals on health and science in the face of new challenges”
11:00 Open Forum
12:00 Noon break
01:00 Parallel Sessions
04:00 Closing ceremony
Important DatesAbstract submission Deadline | December 23 (Saturday)
Acceptance Notice | January 06
Full paper submission | January11
Last day of registration | January 20
Paper submission guidelines:1. Title page should include: i) title of the article; ii) full names, institutional addresses and email addresses for all authors. Affix an asterisk following the corresponding author's name; iii) three to six keywords should also be included, representing the main content of the article; iv) a single paragraph abstract (between 150-250 words) that summarizes the content of the paper. it should contain no bibliographic citations unless these are fully specified.
2. Manuscript are typed with justified alignment on a letter paper size with normal margins on all sides. Use Cambria Fonts: paper title: 20 pt, author's name: 14 pt, subheadings: 12-pt. Paragraphs separated by one blank line, no indention.
3. Tables and figures must be properly captioned and numbered, and positioned at the center of the page. For tables, the caption should appear immediately above the table. for figures, the caption should appear at the foot of the figure. caption font: 10 pt.
4. References should follow the APA citation style 6th Edition.
5. Acknowledgements should be placed under a separate heading before References.
6. Email abstract, full paper in PDF & Word Format and PowerPoint presentation to email@example.com.