Scholarships & Assistantships - Requirements & Procedures
Admission – Requirements & Procedures: Scholarships & Assistantships
College Entrance Scholarship Requirements:
(For New Applicant)
1. He / She must be a Valedictorian / Salutatorian of a graduating class of not less than 100 students.
2. He / She must be subject to a medical examination by the school physician and certified to be fit to study.
(For Renewal of Scholarship)
1. He / She must have no failing mark in any enrolled subject in the preceding semester including ROTC / NSTP.
2. He / She must not have been subjected to any disciplinary case during his / her stay in the university.
Terms & Condition:
1. He / She must carry at least 18 units as prescribed in his / her respective curricula and / or a minimum load of 18 units.
2. He / She must pay for any subjects dropped during the semester.
3. The privilege is good for one school year:
- VALEDICTORIAN – shall enjoy 100% discount on tuition fees for one school year.
- SALUTATORIAN – shall enjoy 50% discount on tuition fees for one school year.
4. Scholarship is subject to renewal after one school year under Victoria Academic Scholarship as recommended by the College Dean, provided the recipient maintains a general weighted average of at least 3.4 or better with no grade lower than 2.5 except in ROTC / NSTP.
Victoria Academic Scholarship Requirements:
- He / She must be subjected to a medical examination by the school physician and certified to be fit to study.
- He / She must not have been subjected to any disciplinary action.
- He / She must carry the regular loads prescribed in their respective curricula.
- He / She should maintain a general weighted average of at least 3.4 or better with no grade below 2.5 in any subject enrolled during the preceding semester.
- He / She must have established a residence of one school year in the University.
- He / She must have no failing grade in any subject including CMT / ROTC.
Terms & Conditions:
- Scholarship award is renewable every succeeding semester.
- Scholarship are classified as follows:
- FULL SCHOLARS – those who maintain a general weighted average of at least 3.7 or better with no grade lower than 3.0 except in ROTC / NSTP. Full Scholars enjoy – A privilege of free tuition fee for one semester.
- PATIAL SCHOLARS – are those who maintain a general weighted average of at least 3.4 to 3.69 with no grade below 2.5 except in ROTC / NSTP. Partial Scholarship enjoys – A privilege of 50% discount on tuition fee for one semester.
- NOTE: Students who obtain general weighted average of 3.0 or lower than 3.4 with no grade below 2.0 may still be included in the Dean’s Listers and to receive certificate of recognition during the University convocation and / or Recognition Day.
University Athletic Assistantship Requirements:
- The grantee must have at least a general weighted average of 80% on his fourth year High School.
- He / She must present a record of excellent performance in his / her event.
- He / She must be in good physical health.
- He / She must be able to pass the tryouts conducted before the beginning of the school year.
- He / She must be willing to undergo training at least three hours a day, even days a week if he / she passes the tryouts.
- He / She must not be more than 20 years of age if an entering, freshmen, nor more than 24 years old if sophomore or higher.
- A grantee that incurs more than one failing grades in his / her subject in the proceeding semester is disqualified from renewing his Athletic Assistantship.
- A grantee who have been subjected to any disciplinary action.
Recruitment & Selection:
- Tryouts will be held before the end of each school year and will be announced to the different high schools as early as February.
- Coaches for each particular event shall make the selection for the recommendation of the Athletic and Sports Coordinator and for final approval of the Vice President – Academics.
Classification of Athletic Assistantship This will vary according to the athlete’s rank as follows:
- Full Athletic Assistantship – Privilege: Free tuition fee only.
Who are qualified? Member of the mythical selection of the league where the school is participating.
- Most valuable player of the team / event where he / she belongs as selected by his / her team mates / coach and other.
- Nominated by the National Sports Association as a member or a candidate to the national team. National / Regional Competition.
Partial Athletic Assistantship – Privilege: 50% discount on tuition and laboratory fees only.
Who are qualified? Athletes who belong to the top 7th rank players of the particular event.
- Old member of the team who actually played in the inter-school league or equal level tournament.
Terms & Condition:
- Grantee renders services to the University as athlete to represent the school in athletic competition / exhibitions.
- Grantee is required to enroll a minimum of 15 units and a maximum of 18 units every semester.
- Grantee is only allowed a maximum of one (1) semester emergency leave from the school for reason of health or death in the family.
- Dropping / adding of any subjects would need the permission of the Scholarship and Assistantship Coordinator / Athletic Coordinator and to be approved by the Vice President-Academics.
Cultural Group Members Financial Aid Requirements:
- The applicant must be a bona fide DLS-AU student with one school year residence in the University.
- He / She must be a member of any of the following Cultural Group: Kalinagan Dance Troupe, Chorale, and Dramatic Guild.
- He / She must be in good physical health.
- He / She must not have been subjected to any disciplinary case / must be of good moral character.
- He / She must not incur more than one failing grade in his / her subjects in the preceding semester.
- He / She must be willing to undergo training at least three times a week if he / she passes the audition.
Terms & Conditions:
- Grantee renders services to the University as cultural group member to represent in cultural presentations / competitions.
- He/ She must enroll for at least a minimum of 17 units and maximum of 18 units. Grantees who are pursuing courses with laboratory are allowed a maximum of 19 units.
- The privilege is good for one semester, renewable according to the needs of the university, and provided he / she is duly recommended by the Cultural Coordinator and meets the requirements stated above.
Privileges: Two years active membership of the cultural group are given 50% discount on tuition and laboratory fees.
Tuition Fee Discounts
Special Grants on Brothers and Sisters
(Grade School / High School / College / Graduate Studies)
- 1st Child = Full Payment
- 2nd Child = 5% Discounts (discount on tuition fee only)
- 3rd Child = 5% Discounts (discount on tuition fee only)
- 4th Child = 5% Discounts (discount on tuition fee only)
- Special Grants on Brothers and Sisters:
- 5th Child = 5% Discounts (discount on tuition fee only)
Individual Special Grantees
(Private Individuals / Companies / Associations / Foundations)
- Alumni Federation Scholarship
- RFM Scholarship
- Sahara Foundation / Araneta Family Scholarship
- Commission on Higher Education
- Study Now, Pay Later
- Selected Ethnic Group Education Assistance Program (SEGEAP) Scholarship Fund
- Quezon City Scholarship
- Philippine Veterans Affairs Office (PVAO)
- National Economics and Development Authority
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- U.S. Embassy
- Knights of Columbus
- Service Education Institute
Student Financial Assistance Program (STUFAP) Requirements
The applicant must be a bona fide De La Salle – Araneta University student with at least one school year residence in the university, enrolled in any of the following CHED priority programs / courses:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- BS Business Administration
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Computer Engineering
- AB Psychology
- BS Food Technology
- BS HRM
- BS Computer Science
- BS Accountancy
He / She should be 3rd year, 4th year and graduating college student.
He / She should have a passing weighted average from the previous semester.
He / She should not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship / assistantship.
He / She should have the intention of using the amount solely for educational expenses (Tuition Fee / Miscellaneous Fee / Graduation Fee / Thesis Fee only).
He / She should be willing to comply with the program’s rules and regulations.
ELI LILY – ELANCO ACADEMIC
Achievement Award in Veterinary Medicine (Awarded to the Veterinary Medicine Candidate for Graduation with the highest Academic grade point average)
Achievement Award in Veterinary Medicine (Awarded to the Veterinary Medicine incoming sixth year with the highest Academic grade point average during his / her 1st year to 5th year level Pre-Clinical Curriculum)