Who We AreDe La Salle Araneta University is a leading industry-aligned and globally-linked Catholic educational institution committed to experiential teaching and learning for the creation of new knowledge in food security, animal welfare, and entrepreneurship towards societal transformation.
A pioneer Catholic private educational institution in agriculture and veterinary medicine, the university—known formerly as Gregorio Araneta University Foundation—was founded in 1946 by Don Salvador Z. Araneta. In 2002, the university was renamed De La Salle Araneta University and officially became the seventh member of the De La Salle (DLS) system.
De La Salle Araneta University, since becoming a Lasallian institution, has seen significant changes in its course offerings, curricula, and infrastructure. In addition, the university’s educational partnerships and collaborations with local and foreign colleges and universities have dramatically increased starting 2010. Today, the university maintains linkages with 27 universities both here and abroad—through MOUs and MOAs that aim to broaden learning and training opportunities for students and faculty, foster academic and cultural interchange in areas of education and research, and facilitate collaboration toward the internationalization of higher education.
In 2011, the DLSAU Sciences Institute (AgSI) was established in the university’s satellite campus in Salikneta Farm, Bulacan to provide BS Agriculture students a practical farm laboratory that would facilitate the immediate application of the theories and concepts that they learned in the classroom. Furthermore, the satellite campus caters to high school students who wish to become future agriculturists but are unable to because of financial reasons.
The university is presently headed by President Dr. Bjorn S. Santos, who was formally installed as the 18th president of the university during its 71st Foundation Anniversary.